Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Tourist

After seeing the serious mind bender Black Swan, my and Marleny's Sunday viewing of the Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp Venetian ride the Tourist, was just right. Fun action with humor and pretty people to watch, excellent.
The movie opens on a van of British police officers monitoring Angelina Jolie's character, Elise. They've got her routine down but today is the day things change and they are soon chasing her to a train station. She's searching for someone who can double as her mysterious husband. Enter, Johnny Depp's Frank. Can I just say, I want to meet Johnny Depp the math teacher from Wisconsin, right now!!

The Venice location is gorgeous and Elise is always impeccably dressed, the fashion is just as gorgeous. And we get to see Johnny in a tux (I love me some Johnny but his personal wardrobe is not my preference. Perfect example, what exactly was he wearing on Letterman last week?!)
It's an action movie, well paced, not overblown with excellent support from Paul Bettany as the lead investigator and his boss, former James Bond, Timothy Dalton. Great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment