Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Vow

Emily scored passes to an early screening of the Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. The movie opens on Valentine's Day and is about a couple dealing with the wife's memory loss after a car accident. The movie is based on true events and you even get to read about the actual couple in the end credits.
The film's marketing points out that Channing Tatum was in Dear John and Rachel McAdams was in the Notebook. Both movies the actors were in previously were based on Nicholas Sparks novels, though the Vow is not based on a Sparks book. Nicholas Sparks based flicks are the most consistently tear-jerking of movies, I made sure that I had tissues in my purse. I did not cry as much as I had predicted I would but I certainly did shed some tears. The story unfolds less predictably than the trailer led me to believe and there were more complicated details involved in the characters' lives.

All in all, not a movie I need to own but it was entertaining and enjoyable. I would watch it again when it makes its way to DVD.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you - not a movie i need to own, however i am really happy i saw it - but it freaked me out as we discussed!

    You are so good on your blogs - putting pictures and everything! I must keep coming here on Tuesdays and learn to blog better. Keep it up mi amiga!

    ReplyDelete