Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peace, Love and Misunderstanding

This is the first time that I have watched a same day as theaters IFC film onDemand. It was a fun experience. Not the best movie but I am glad I took a chance on the feature.

Catherine Keener's husband, Kyle McLachlan, asks his lawyer wife for a divorce in the opening scene of the film. Diane, Keener's character, takes her children, played by Elizabeth Olsen and Nat Wolffe, to her mother's. Her mother Diane is portrayed by the lifeforce that is Jane Fonda. Fonda's character is the hippie of all hippies. They say Dylan had a thing for her.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chace Crawford, Roxana Arquette, Maddie Corman and Katharine McFee round out a solid supporting cast.

I could not help but think, this is a weak stab at the next version of On Golden Pond. Now Jane Fonda is the grandparent. And in the first eight minutes, there is a that's what she said joke. Not a noteworthy movie but fun to play with the onDemand option and watch something that would usually require a visit to Fox Tower or a wait for DVD.

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoy your blog and am very glad I now follow it! Have watched many a film on your good authority!

    Would love it if you fancied checking out my blog and perhaps followed back?

    http://amateurreviews25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I'm following yours and added your blog to my 'shout outs'! Thanks for the feedback. KG

      Delete