Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cinetopia Cult Fiction Series

I have been meaning to write about the Cult Fiction Series that is now taking place at Cinetopia ever since I saw Shaun of the Dead there two weeks ago. I had never seen it before and I was glad to find that it was less gruesome than the Walking Dead and very funny. I'm not sure if there would have been a Zombieland or last year's Warm Bodies without Shaun of the Dead. I would also like to see the other two movies in the "Three Flavours Cornetto" trilogy, Hot Fuzz and The World's End. The name of the trilogy comes from a different Cornetto ice cream flavor being mentioned in each of the three movies. Last night the movie was Raising Arizona. The Progress Ridge and Westfield Vancouver Cinetopia locations are holding the event. Each location has two Grand Auditorium showtimes, 7pm and 10pm, on Wednesdays. Tickets are individually $10 and if you pre-purchase the series, all twelve movies are $85 for a season pass.
In the late summer and fall of 2013, Cinetopia also did a Sci Fi series. I am eager to see what the next series might be. I hope something with comedies. Cinetopia basically mints money but hats off to the clever person that thought of the way for them to bring in extra revenue mid week. There normally is not food and drink service in the Grand Auditoriums but for the film series there is. I've discovered I can have hot tea at the movies! If anywhere, it would be Cinetopia.

The Big Lebowski, Fight Club, The Shawshank Redemption and Groundhog Day were also played earlier in the series. Next Wednesday is 12 Monkeys and the series culminates on March 26th with Pulp Fiction. Here's the info on the Cinetopia site.

No comments:

Post a Comment