Friday, February 28, 2014

My Official 2014 Oscar Predictions

I am going with 12 Years A Slave taking the statue for Best Picture, that will be one of its three total Oscars, the other two for Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress to Lupita Nyong'o.
Gravity will win seven Oscars, all in technical categories, plus most notably, Alfonso CuarĂ³n for Best Director. There is a very good chance that Gravity could basically sweep and snap up Best Picture as well. The Best Picture race is almost too close to call.
Dallas Buyers Club will also earn three Academy Awards, two for Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto's acting and for Best Makeup. Frozen will get two, The Great Gatsby two, and Cate Blanchett will be Best Actress. I have also landed on 20 Feet From Freedom for Best Documentary Feature and Her for Best Original Screenplay.

What follows are images of my full Oscar ballot of predictions for the 86th Annual Academy Awards, how I would vote if I were a member of the Academy and my viewing ballots. Filling out a ballot of how I would vote as opposed to predictions is a highly rewarding activity after seeing so many of the nominated films. The viewing ballot is the one I print the morning the Oscar nominations are announced and excitedly check off as I see the nominated films. I also write notes of DVD release dates and available formats to assist me in my homework. I do reserve the right to make changes to my paper ballot of predictions up until the first envelope is opened on March 2nd. The same rule applies for party guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment